ecoATM kiosks are automated machines that make it simple and convenient for you to sell back unwanted smart devices. It is a secure, sustainable, simple and rewarding way to sell or recycle your smartphone. You can find the kiosk on level one, near Savers.
How it works:
- Prep your old device by restoring it to factory settings, then it is ready for trade-in.
- The simple on-screen and audio directions will guide you through every step of the process.
- The kiosk prices your device based on make, model, condition and market value.
- If you choose to accept the offer, you receive payment instantly. If not, the kiosk will open the drawer so that you can retrieve your item.
- Do you accept all phones? Yes – we accept all makes and models of smartphones. That’s the beauty of ecoATM, we accept any used smartphone and make sure they never end up in harmful landfills.
- What happens to my data? All you have to do is a factory reset before you come to an ecoATM and they’ll take care of the rest. Rest easy knowing Privacy PLUS gives you peace of mind and ecoATM cares as much about protecting your privacy as you do.
- Can I just check the price without giving my phone? During the process of selling your phone to the kiosk, you can get your phone back at any time during the evaluation. You will know what your device is worth, and if you do not like the value presented, you can reject the offer. However, if you accept the offer you will not be able to get your device back, after clicking “Let’s make it official”.
- How will I get paid? ecoATM is all about fast rewards. You get paid for the devices you no longer use by choosing your payment method on the spot. These payment types include PayPal and bank transfer.
- How quickly do I get my money? If you’re happy with the offer, your money is transferred instantly and in your bank account in less than 90 minutes! You’ll also receive an email receipt of your transaction to confirm the transaction is being completed, and the payment is made.
- What happens to my phone after? Most of the devices they receive are reused, while the remaining devices are responsibly recycled. Almost all consumer electronics contain toxic materials such as lead, cadmium, mercury, arsenic and a broad variety of other materials that pose a threat to the environment and our health. The best thing we can do for the environment is to extend the usage of existing devices as long as possible so that there’s no need to build new devices to take their place. After a device is no longer usable, the next best thing we can do is responsibly reclaim materials.
- What if my phone is damaged/doesn’t turn on? They take all devices of all shapes, colours, sizes and working conditions at ecoATM. If the device has a cracked screen, water damage, or no longer powers on, they will still give you a price quote. If they’re unable to offer funds for your device, ecoATM would be happy to recycle it for you.
- How old do you have to be to sell a device to ecoATM? You must be 18 years old to sell a device to ecoATM. (*Bring your UK driving license for verification.)
- Does ecoATM accept accessories, such as chargers? No, for the moment, ecoATM does not accept any accessories.